I’m finally leaving for Haiti
Dear friends and supporters of charity projects in Haiti
I am happy to inform you about my planned trip to Haiti, which will take place from September 18, 2023 to October 12, 2023. First of all, I would like to mention that this trip has its own specific time frame, since the beginning of the school year in Haiti is scheduled for September 11, 2023. This date marks the beginning of the school year for many children and youth on the island, and our organization has long been involved in the project “Adoption at a distance,” which focuses on supporting the education of Haitian children.
However, it is important to emphasize that a dangerous political and social situation still persists in Haiti. This journey will be guided by a careful consideration of risks and with an emphasis on safety. The main objective of this monitoring trip is several important activities:
- Evaluation of the main project “Adoption at a distance”: I plan to visit the children and families who are part of this program to find out how our support affects their lives and provides education. We will try to improve and expand this project based on the experience gained.
- Visit to the school of the Sisters of Saint Joseph in Gonaives: Last year this school was looted during the political unrest, which led to the forced withdrawal of the Sisters to India. During my trip, I plan to meet with local authorities to learn more about the current situation and the possibility of their return to Haiti.
- Visit to Saint Mary Goretti School in Baie-de-Henne: Despite the difficult circumstances, last year’s school year progressed at this school with some delays. I want to meet with the school management, teachers and students to find out how the dangerous political situation is affecting their education.
- Visiting Baie-de-Henne village after the floods: I also plan to visit the residents of Baie-de-Henne village, which was affected by the devastating floods this year. We want to assess the extent of the damage and find out how we can help the people affected by this disaster. This visit will be important for our future steps in the field of humanitarian aid.
- Evaluating the possibility of expanding another form of aid: During the trip, I also plan to discuss the possibilities of expanding our aid to Haiti. We want to better understand the needs and challenges facing the islanders and think about new projects and initiatives.
This journey will be difficult and requires the utmost caution, but I believe it is important to continue our work in Haiti and try to contribute to improving the situation on the island. Thank you for your support and prayers regarding this journey. I believe that together we can contribute to positive changes in Haiti and help people in need. I will try, if possible, to regularly inform about its progress.