Hurricane Isaias passes Haiti
Hurricane Isaias is currently passing the northern coast of Haiti. It causes winds of 95 km/h, torrential rains and floods.
The Haitian government has issued an official ordinance requiring people in Haiti to behave:
- Stay tuned to Meteorological bulletins;
- Stay tuned to instructions issued by local authorities;
- Put your important papers in a safe place;
- Prepare your emergency kit with food and water for at least three days;
- Prepare to evacuate if you live in an area exposed to the risk of flooding and landslides: (seaside, ravine, river, mountainside, etc.);
- Avoid crossing flooded rivers under any circumstances;
- In the event of thunderstorms and strong winds, do not take shelter near windows and in wooded areas;
- Prune the trees near the house;
- Lower any heavy object placed high and not secure: antennas, signs and others;
- Secure the animals.
Haiti hold on, we are with you!
Lada Matyášová, Archdiocesan Caritas Olomouc